Pentair Pentek Big Blue and Big Black Heavy Duty Filter Housings offer the versatility to meet all of your large-capacity filtration needs, including high-flow and heavy sediment applications. The extra-large housing allows for greater cartridge capacity, reducing the number of vessels required for high flow-rate applications. Sumps are available in both 10" and 20" lengths.
The High-Flow Polypropylene (HFPP) cap is available with 3/4" or 1" FNPT inlet and outlet ports.
Big Blue and Big Black Housings are compatible with a broad range of chemicals and are available with or without a pressure relief button. They accept a wide variety of 4-1/2" diameter cartridges.
Features and Benefits
- Large capacity housing suitable for high flow applications
- Available in 10" and 20" lengths
- Pressure relief/bleed on the inlet side of the cap
- Accepts up to 4-1/2" diameter cartridges
- The 150233, 150234, 150235, 150236, 150237, 150238, 150239, 150240, 150467, 150468, 150469, and 150470 are Tested and Certified by NSF International to NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for material and structural integrity requirements.
Hooked it up and one spot on the o-ring seal leaked. Approx 2 liters in 24 hours. Yes, it had the factory lubricant on the ring and it was correctly seated in the grove. I even had wrapped the threads 3 times with teflon tape. After 24 hours it stopped leaking and has not started again. Mains pressure 45-60 PSI. Filter cartridge is to be changed out in a few days so I will have an opportunity to inspect the o-ring seal.