1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 CUFT Clack WS1 AIO valve with Katalox-Light filter media
Standard or Vortech™ Media Tanks (Please select before checkout)
Specifications as per Manufacturer recommendations:
- Flow up to 1000 L/hr
- Iron removal up to 10ppm
- High content MnO2 coating (10%)
- Very High Surface Area
- Contains NO Crystalline Silica
- Light Weight - providing significant savings on backwash water
- Higher Filtration rates
- Filtration of sand, sediment and suspended solids, down to 3 micron
- High-efficiency removal capacity of Iron, Manganese and Hydrogen sulphide
- Effective reduction of Arsenic, Zinc, Copper, Lead, Radium, Uranium, radionuclides and other heavy metals
- Media replacement every 7 - 10 years
- No disinfection by-product
- No mandatory KMnO4, chlorine or chlorine dioxide dosing
- Low operational costs
- Minimum backwash flow required: 6.5gpm for 1.0 and 1.5cu.ft; 10gpm for 1.5 (optional) and 2.0cu.ft for at least 10min every 1-3 days.
- Absence of Iron Related Bacteria and Sulphate Reducing Bacteria
What is Katalox Light®?
KATALOX LIGHT ® is a new brand of revolutionary advanced filtration media completely developed in Germany. Its composition simply makes it outstanding against the contemporary filter media available in water treatment industries, like sand, BIRM, Greensand Plus, Manganese Greensand etc. KATALOX LIGHT ® is manufactured in Germany. KATALOX LIGHT ® is engineered with a unique MnO2 coating technique on ZEOSORB®, providing it lightweight, higher filtration surface, more service life and more reliable performance (filtration down to 3 µm) than any other existing granular filter media. KATALOX LIGHT ® is being used in numerous systems for residential, commercial, industrial and municipal applications worldwide, for High-level filtration, colour and odour removal, Iron, Manganese, Hydrogen sulphide removal, efficient reduction of Arsenic, Zinc, Copper, Lead, Radium, Uranium and other radionuclides and heavy metals. KATALOX LIGHT ® is Certified to NSF/ANSI-61 standard for drinking water applications and has met the ANSI/NSF 372 Lead-free compliance.
Vortech™ vs Standard Media Tank with gravel underbed:
The patented and patent-pending ENPRESS Vortech® and Mid-Vortech® distribution technologies are revolutionizing the water treatment industry. The design creates fluidity of the media bed and extends contaminant removal capacity; which means fewer regenerations and a significant reduction of water use…saving water, salt and the environment, with backwash flow rate reductions of at least 30%. So it’s easy to go green and make a lot of green at the same time.
Vortech™ distribution systems utilize a more efficient distributor plate design to reduce backwash and improve system efficiency compared to traditional cone & gravel systems. This unique design provides greater "lift" and "action" throughout the entire width of the mineral tank during a backwash cycle, whereas traditional cone and gravel systems channel up through the media causing areas of very limited movement. In addition, because Vortech™ does not utilize gravel, it costs less to ship due to its lighter weight.
- Cones (basket) have a limited surface area reducing flow capacity
- Gravel adds additional shipping costs
- The riser tube and the basket are held only in place by the media making routine maintenance difficult when the valve is removed from the mineral tank
- Backwash water creates channels through the gravel concentrating flow-through limited areas of the media
- Water channelling creates dead spots around the edge of the mineral tank reducing the effectiveness of the backwash cycle
- Areas within the media bed are not suitably rinsed and lose the capacity to remove the contaminants with every cycle
- Higher flow rates are required to effectively lift media
- High flow design maximizes today’s high-efficiency control valve technology
- Environmentally friendly, reduces backwash requirements by up to 30%
- No channelling of media, providing a cleaner more efficient system
- Self-cleaning nozzles
- Elimination of gravel - less unit weight, for handling.
- Permanent attachment of the dip tube makes servicing the control valve easy by keeping the distributor in place, no more re-bedding
- The distributor plate is designed for over 6,500 lbs. load capacity
- Highly efficient softening regeneration reduces annual salt consumption