Clack Corosex® is a specially processed hard, bead-like magnesia, adapted for use in filters to neutralize acidity by increasing the pH value.
• High degree of activity and speed of
correction allowing high flow
• High capacity...less chemical usage
• Color: Brownish white
• Bulk Density: 75 lbs./cu. ft.
• Mesh Size: 6 x 16
• Specific Gravity: 3.6 gm/cc
• Effective Size: 1.4 mm
• Uniformity Coefficient: 1.7
• Composition: MgO 97% min.
CONDITIONS FOR OPERATION
• Downflow service is generally
satisfactory on waters with a
hardness of less than five grains/gal.
or where it’s combined with Calcite
at least 50-50. Upflow service
is generally recommended with
hardness exceeding five grains/gal.
to prevent cementing of the Corosex
• Use distributors designed for upflow
• A gravel support bed is
• Water pH range: 4.5-6.0
• Bed depth: 24-30 in.
• Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
• Backwash frequently to prevent
• Backwash rate: 10-12 gpm/sq. ft.
• Service flow rate: 5-6 gpm/sq. ft. but
maybe modified to adapt to local
• Max usage 100 mg/L