1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 CUFT Clack WS1 Air Over Media valve with PREMIUM filter media
Standard or Vortech™ Media Tanks (Please select before checkout)
Specifications as per Manufacturer recommendations:
NSF/ANSI 61 Certified. Special media designed to provide excellent catalytic properties required for the removal of many contaminants from potable and non-potable aqueous streams. Insoluble media that oxidizes species in solution including hydrogen sulfide, iron and manganese. Metal-oxide nano-particles are precipitated within the resin bed where they form very strong chemical bonds with arsenite (As III) and arsenate (As V). This allows filter media to thoroughly and effectively remove arsenic along with Fe, Mn and H2S.
- The media can treat water as having an iron content above 10 ppm, but the process is not economical particularly for large flow rates.
- Free chlorine should be removed before passing water through the media.
- The treated water will have an iron content of < 0.1 ppm.
- Filter media removes dissolved iron from water, which is present as ferrous iron. Iron can also exist in other forms such as bacterial iron, soluble organic iron and colloidal iron. Those forms of iron cannot be removed effectively.
- All sequestering agents including polyphosphates and meta-phosphates should be added after the unit.
- For high iron content in feed water (> 10 ppm), it is recommended to backwash the unit with treated water, so as to avoid contamination of the bottom portion of the bed.
- The unit must be backwashed at a specified flow rate for effective removal of precipitated iron and suspended solids.
- The backwash frequency shall be every 12 to 24 hours for a continuously operating unit (for 10-15 min). If the unit is operated intermittently, backwash at the end of each cycle.
Vortech™ vs Standard Media Tank with gravel underbed:
The patented and patent-pending ENPRESS Vortech® and Mid-Vortech® distribution technologies are revolutionizing the water treatment industry. The design creates fluidity of the media bed and extends contaminant removal capacity; which means fewer regenerations and a significant reduction of water use…saving water, salt and the environment, with backwash flow rate reductions of at least 30%. So it’s easy to go green and make a lot of green at the same time.
Vortech™ distribution systems utilize a more efficient distributor plate design to reduce backwash and improve system efficiency compared to traditional cone & gravel systems. This unique design provides greater "lift" and "action" throughout the entire width of the mineral tank during a backwash cycle, whereas traditional cone and gravel systems channel up through the media causing areas of very limited movement. In addition, because Vortech™ does not utilize gravel, it costs less to ship due to its lighter weight.
- Cones (basket) have a limited surface area reducing flow capacity
- Gravel adds additional shipping costs
- The riser tube and the basket is held only in place by the media making routine maintenance difficult when the valve is removed from the mineral tank
- Backwash water creates channels through the gravel concentrating flow-through limited areas of the media
- Water channelling creates dead spots around the edge of the mineral tank reducing the effectiveness of the backwash cycle
- Areas within the media bed are not suitably rinsed and lose the capacity to remove the contaminants with every cycle
- Higher flow rates are required to effectively lift media
- High flow design maximizes today’s high-efficiency control valve technology
- Environmentally friendly, reduces backwash requirement by up to 30%
- No channelling of media, providing a cleaner more efficient system
- Self-cleaning nozzles
- Elimination of gravel - less unit weight, for handling.
- Permanent attachment of the dip tube makes servicing the control valve easy by keeping the distributor in place, no more re-bedding
- The distributor plate is designed for over 6,500 lbs. load capacity
- Highly efficient softening regeneration reduces annual salt consumption