Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide, and Manganese Reduction
Filox-R™ media is an economical Iron and Hydrogen Sulfide filtration
media that out performs traditional Greensand and Birm.
Features & Benefits
• Superior high efficiency media for filtration and removal capabilities
• No oxidizing chemicals typically needed for regeneration (See Testing
For ORP below)
• High efficiency with 80% manganese dioxide for enhanced performance
• Effective, from 6.5 pH to 9.0 pH
• Highest flow rate of any standard iron removal media
Active Ingredient 75-85% Manganese Dioxide
Service Flow - 6 gpm/cu.ft.
Freeboard 30-50% of bed depth
Backwash rate 16-30 GPM/sq.ft, depending
on application specific variables, minimum
recommended bed expansion is 15%
Bed depth 20 inch Minimum
pH Range 6.5 – 9.0
Screen size 12 x 40
Bulk density 114 lbs/cu.ft.
Iron 10 ppm
Hydrogen Sulfide 3 ppm
Manganese 5 ppm